Friday, December 16, 2011

Good News from Senegal


Remember these ladies?  I posted about them here.  They're the Bayerena Group from Senegal.  These ladies live in the same region of Senegal and work selling tomatoes and hibiscus flowers and other small items in the market.  They came together in 2001 to form a solidarity group to support each other in their business.  Madame Kahady (raising her hand on the right) is the leader of the group.  She is 43 years old.  In a country where the average yearly income is $ 1,700 she is raising six children of her own and two more children who have been placed with her by relatives. 

I encountered this group through KIVA loans.  The group was asking for a loan of $2,000 to bolster capitol and improve their business.  KIVA is an organization that provides the tiny loans to people all over the world that can improve and change lives.  
Last year my $25 was pooled with other donations to make the loan.

Today I received an email with the good news that the loan was repaid in full and my $25  has been returned to me and is waiting in my pay pal account.  I have the option to withdraw my money, but I already know I will lend it again.

I'm really excited to visit the KIVA website, browse through the photos and descriptions, and select another group or individual to lend to.
If you're looking for a gift this holiday season for the person who as everything, or a way to do something small that can have a large impact on making the world a better place, this just may fit the bill.  Gift cards are available, too.  Yay, KIVA!
. 

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to contribute! Thanks for sharing the message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's really cool! Love that the ladies were successful in their venture

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us creditloan11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete