Friday, March 25, 2011

My New Love--Tara Publishing


You can see from my last post that I've been inspired by Gond Tribal Art lately.  I know children will be as enchanted by the bright happy colors, beautiful patterns, and simple designs, as I am. 
As I wandered around the net researching Gond artists and looking for spectacular examples to share with my students I found my new love....Tara Publishing.  If you love art books, collect children's books, or have a very special child in your life; you must check this out.  
Tara Publishing is based in India and has created a selection of wonderfully illustrated books with the help of Indian artists and traditional designs.  This is a small publishing house and many of the books are silk screened by hand by a commune of artisans, and bound by hand as well. I Like Cats is a fabulous a beautiful handmade picture book.   




I spent a long time trying to decide which book I wanted to buy first and then gave up.  I'm going to send them all my money and buy everything.  You can buy the books on-line at Tara Publishing.    
If you need to be convinced, check out their facebook page.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this resource. I have today off so I am going to spend some time reading about this!!

    ReplyDelete