Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mapquestion

I've owned several of these school maps over the years.  They seem to pass in and out of my life.  I guess that's because I'm strangely attracted to them, but don't quite know what to do with them once they're mine.  So they hang around for a little while and then I pass them on.
I can say that I have been happily map-free for a few years now.  But last week I was looking for boxes in a dumpster behind a school and bumped into a history teacher who was on his way out with this one.  Maps of the Ancient World.  We exchanged pleasantries, and now it's mine.
Question.
What to do with it?
I would love to hear your ideas.     

5 comments:

  1. I had my students paint on top of one. We painted with acrylic paint a large floral print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it could be cool to have the students create mini architecture, from around the world an put them on the map. Oh I just got idea, you could make it a game put velcro spots on the back and the other side on the buildings, and the answers could be on the back or a card they get from you when they are done. Just a quick thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could cut it up and use it for landscape or city collages, or some other collages. Even faces perhaps would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could give it to the preschoolers and let them practice their cutting skills...You know see how they can cut on a line! HA Kidding!

    Hey thanks for following my preschool blog. Once we are cruising along I'm sure I'll have more stories to tell, we just got started a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Journal/sketch book cover!

    ReplyDelete